Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive car insurance rates in Nashville, TN? Nashville buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Land Rover LR2 insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Land Rover and locate the best price possible.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Tennessee kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. U.S. drivers could save approximately 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best rate on Land Rover LR2 insurance in Nashville two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to buy cheaper Land Rover LR2 insurance in Nashville.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Land Rover LR2 insurance in Nashville is very simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, their rating system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Getting online price quotes for Land Rover LR2 insurance in Nashville makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to do this if you want to find the cheapest price on auto insurance.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Tennessee. To find cheaper auto insurance in Tennessee, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Land Rover LR2 insurance statistics and information
The premium information below covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Land Rover LR2 models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$198||$278||$378||$22||$114||$990||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can alter premiums noticeably.
Policy deductible comparison
When buying insurance, a common question is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The following tables outline the cost difference between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second pricing table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$280||$444||$288||$18||$86||$1,141||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$174||$278||$288||$18||$86||$844||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
We can derive from the above data that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $25 more each month or $300 annually across all Land Rover LR2 models than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go more than 30 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money if you choose a higher deductible. The numbers below show an example of how you can perform this determination yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$95|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $70|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$25|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $25|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||30 months|
Reckless driving habits raise insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can increase Land Rover LR2 insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Land Rover LR2 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Land Rover LR2 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no written rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Land Rover LR2 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Land Rover LR2 in Nashville, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Tennessee and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Land Rover LR2, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Land Rover LR2 but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your LR2 are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
What Determines Land Rover LR2 Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Low credit rating equals high prices – An insured’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Land Rover LR2 by repairing your credit.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your LR2 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- You might get higher prices if you are single – Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Never have auto insurance policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Tennessee motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance loss data for a Land Rover LR2 – Companies use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Land Rover LR2 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Land Rover LR2 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR2 4dr 4WD 115 162 99BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates on Land Rover LR2 insurance in Nashville with these car insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current LR2 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Nashville car insurance quotes online.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Nashville could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new LR2 can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will lower the cost of coverage.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR2 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, teen driver, distant student, good student, business and professional, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, seat belt use, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for safety features, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Nashville.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Nashville auto insurance agent
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Nashville.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Nashville who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Nashville that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- HQ Insurance, Inc.
2451 Atrium Way – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 884-3535 – View Map
- Eby Insurance
65 Parris Ave – Nashville, TN 37210 – (615) 254-8343 – View Map
- Fridrich, Pinson and Associates Insurance Agency
3825 Bedford Ave #203 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 327-0105 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Nashville willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Royce Williams
5517 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-4800 – View Map
- Barbara Stewart – State Farm Insurance Agent
3055 Lebanon Pike #2103 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 391-5300 – View Map
- Jeff Summers – State Farm Insurance Agent
336 21st Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 320-3016 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Best car insurance in Nashville
Finding the top car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Nashville. The rank data shown below could help you pick which auto insurers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last thing to lower rates
More affordable car insurance in Nashville can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote Nashville car insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Land Rover LR2 insurance rates in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Land Rover LR2 insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Steps to finding more affordable Land Rover LR2 insurance in Nashville
The most effective way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Nashville.
First, read about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)