The most effective way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Nashville.
First, learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more ideas to find cheap prices and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Nashville. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Inconceivable but true, most consumers in Tennessee kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of about $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Nashville is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Virtually every car owner who needs cheaper auto insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. Although Tennessee car owners must know how the larger insurance companies determine prices.
When looking for inexpensive Nashville car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from many insurance companies in Tennessee. The best way to compare Chevy SS insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes. When comparison shopping, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Earn discounts on Nashville auto insurance
Some insurers do not list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Nashville car insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for ease of repair, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, mature driver, good student, pay in full, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include student away at school, anti-lock brakes, group or association, anti-theft, safe driver, and mature driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, preferred payment discount, good student, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- USAA discounts include multi-policy, driver training, new vehicle, defensive driver, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
If you want affordable Nashville car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Which car insurance company is best in Tennessee?
Finding the top insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Nashville. The company ratings displayed below may help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
How Insurance Companies Determine Chevy SS Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers rates – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Type of car determines base prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – The majority of insurers give a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Your career may increase prices – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers like farmers, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Choose high crash test ratings and save – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Does insurance coverage cost more for males? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Insurance losses for a Chevy SS – Insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years