A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Tennessee being $1,400, drivers could cut their rates by almost 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Nashville.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more information to prevent expensive rate increases and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper S2000 coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Compare Honda S2000 insurance rates
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing from their websites. This process is possible for anyone as you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the system requests credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest payment on insurance.
If you want to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Tennessee. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in TN, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Get lower-cost rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Nashville auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may include most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in Nashville.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda S2000 in Nashville, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda S2000, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Honda S2000 and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance company in Tennessee
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tennessee. The rank data shown next may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Buying car insurance from Nashville insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Nashville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How long has their agency been in business in Nashville?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?