How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive GMC Sierra insurance in Nashville? If shopping for Nashville auto insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be baffled by the confusing number of insurance companies competing for your business.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare other prices will presumably switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that people who shopped around annually saved $865 a year compared to those who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on GMC Sierra insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to compare coverages can save money and time.
Best GMC Sierra insurance price quotes in Tennessee
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
GMC Sierra detailed coverage information
The premium information below covers a range of coverage costs for GMC Sierra models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are figured can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$214||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$214||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$440||$326||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$518||$326||$20||$98||$1,204||$100|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$268||$596||$326||$20||$98||$1,308||$109|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$268||$596||$326||$20||$98||$1,308||$109|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$268||$596||$326||$20||$98||$1,308||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Nashville location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
A question often asked by Nashville drivers is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The premium rates below may aid in understanding the costs and benefits when you select higher and lower physical damage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$248||$448||$288||$18||$86||$1,113||$93|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$248||$448||$288||$18||$86||$1,113||$93|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$248||$448||$288||$18||$86||$1,113||$93|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$528||$288||$18||$86||$1,225||$102|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$312||$608||$288||$18||$86||$1,337||$111|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$312||$608||$288||$18||$86||$1,337||$111|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$312||$608||$288||$18||$86||$1,337||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$182||$304||$288||$18||$86||$878||$73|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$182||$304||$288||$18||$86||$878||$73|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$304||$288||$18||$86||$878||$73|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$358||$288||$18||$86||$954||$80|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$412||$288||$18||$86||$1,032||$86|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$228||$412||$288||$18||$86||$1,032||$86|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$412||$288||$18||$86||$1,032||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $22 more each month or $264 each year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go more than 18 months between claims, you would probably be better off by going with a higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even point
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$102|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $80|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$22|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $22|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||18 months|
One important note is that raising deductibles to save money means you pay more out-of-pocket when you have a physical damage claim. You will want to have some extra funds in the event you need to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Nashville
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims raise GMC Sierra annual premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
GMC Sierra insurance rates by gender in Nashville
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline for excluding full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Sierra settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Lower Your Nashville Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rate level.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. It means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your Sierra can result in significantly higher rates.
Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Tennessee are proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver to your auto insurance policy can cause a big jump in price. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most insurers will award lower prices to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Stress out and pay more – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like doctors, social workers, and emergency personnel generally pay the highest rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
GMC Sierra insurance claim data – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for GMC Sierra Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 89 122 106 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD 97 86 79 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 87 99 132 69 69 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 89 102 114 52 51 73 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 98 109 96 70 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 78 85 89 65 56 94 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD 70 56 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 63 101 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 91 118 105 43 50 90 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 67 108 85 40 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 85 128 121 35BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Nashville car insurance quotes with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sierra insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, good driver, student away at school, accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new move discount, safety features, newly married, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, mature driver, alternative fuel, distant student, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, and paid in full.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
If you need inexpensive Nashville auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Nashville. For a list of providers who offer free GMC Sierra insurance quotes in Tennessee, follow this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Nashville insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Nashville that can give you free Nashville auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- If they are an independent agency in Nashville, which companies do they recommend?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there a local claims center in Nashville?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville that are able to give price quote information.
- Valinda Burks – State Farm Insurance Agent
2012 8th Ave S – Nashville, TN 37204 – (615) 292-8050 – View Map
- Heather Farmer State Farm Insurance
6592 TN-100 Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 356-6503 – View Map
- Jerry Matthews – State Farm Insurance Agent
2010 Old Murfreesboro Rd – Nashville, TN 37217 – (615) 361-1516 – View Map
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Below are Nashville independent insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
3225 Gallatin Pike – Nashville, TN 37216 – (615) 645-1900 – View Map
- Manning Agency
104 Woodmont Blvd – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 383-6700 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Eric Pirtle Insurance Agency
2630 Old Lebanon Rd – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 889-3640 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is glass protection for?
- Does my GMC Sierra qualify for pleasure use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare GMC Sierra insurance car insurance rates in Nashville. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding low-cost GMC Sierra insurance in Nashville
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Nashville.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nashville Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)