How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville? There isn’t anyone who fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, particularly when they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process. Due to the abundance of car insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices at least once a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rates on Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville six months ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Freestyle insurance out there, but we’re going to give you some of the best techniques to lower your car insurance premiums.
Locating the best rates in Nashville can be much easier if you know how to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the following tips. Smart buyers just need to learn how to compare price quotes online.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Nashville auto insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Nashville Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Nashville can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good driver, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Esurance discounts include Switch & Save, multi-car, good student, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, easy pay, anti-theft, family plan, and business or organization.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Nashville. To find insurers who offer free Ford Freestyle insurance quotes in Nashville, click here to view.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if the car is leased, if you have an active license, the ages of drivers, and how much education you have. The data is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Nashville who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Nashville are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Nashville that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Nashville independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Eric Pirtle Insurance Agency
2630 Old Lebanon Rd – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 889-3640 – View Map
Once you have received good feedback to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.
Ratings for Tennessee car insurance companies
Picking the right car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tennessee. The information below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find cheap Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville
Really, the only way to find cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Nashville is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Tennessee.
Step 1: Read about coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Nashville. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Nashville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)