Unbelievably, the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Tennessee being $1,400, drivers could save themselves 35% a year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Really, the only way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Nashville is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Tennessee. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Most of the larger companies such as Allstate and Progressive provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Nashville doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system will order credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to do this if you want to get cheaper insurance pricing.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will receive rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Tennessee. In order to find cheap auto insurance in TN, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Rates and other information
The data table shown next outlines a range of rate quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are determined is important for making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$312||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,560||$130|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$312||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,658||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$346||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$346||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,692||$141|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$346||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,692||$141|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$346||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$346||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$346||$848||$440||$26||$132||$1,792||$149|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$346||$848||$440||$26||$132||$1,792||$149|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$346||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$346||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$346||$650||$440||$26||$132||$1,594||$133|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$382||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,728||$144|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$382||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,728||$144|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$382||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,728||$144|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$382||$748||$440||$26||$132||$1,728||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Nashville location which can modify rates noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Nashville
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Rate Factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the things that factor into your rate level.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Careers such as fire fighters, architects, and dentists generally pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Never allow your car insurance to lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Tennessee motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – Car insurance companies in Tennessee provide cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Choosing the best Dodge vehicle insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Nashville, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.