Wish you could get out of an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are a lot of people in Nashville just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your target objective, then learning about how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Since you have so many different company options, it can be difficult for drivers to find a lower cost auto insurance company.
You need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Nashville two years ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about RX 350 insurance online, but we’re going to give you some tested techniques to save money.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Nashville takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if you went to college, how much coverage you want, distance driven, and how old drivers are. That rating information is instantly provided to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Lexus RX 350 now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Lexus RX 350 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information displayed below showcases a range of coverage prices for Lexus RX 350 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance quotes are figured can benefit drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$312||$608||$326||$20||$98||$1,364||$114|
|RX 350 4WD||$312||$608||$326||$20||$98||$1,364||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific Nashville garaging location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Buying the right RX 350 insurance in Tennessee is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RX 350 in Nashville, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your RX 350, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your RX 350 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. People who have multiple tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Lexus RX 350 insurance prices for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Which gender costs less? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus RX 350 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- A good credit rating can save money – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus RX 350 if you clean up your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Some companies apply better rates to clients that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability insurance is important – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Lexus. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Residents of big cities have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Loss probability for a Lexus RX 350 – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that are shown to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Lexus RX 350 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Lexus RX 350 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus RX 350 4dr 2WD 111 96 91 72 97 88 Lexus RX 350 4dr 4WD 122 99 112 83 75 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance in Nashville with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on RX 350 insurance in Nashville.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new RX 350 is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Lexus RX 350 auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, business and professional, mature driver, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, membership and employees, multi-policy, military active duty, and air bags.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote, good driver, Switch & Save, and safety device.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Nashville. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer online Lexus RX 350 insurance quotes in Nashville, click this link.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Nashville who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Nashville, get answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Exclusive and independent Nashville car insurance agents
When looking for a local Nashville insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Nashville who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Nashville that can give you rate quotes.
Once you have good answers to your questions and a low price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage.
Best car insurance company in Tennessee
Selecting a high-quality company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Nashville. The company information in the lists below could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Persistence will pay off
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
More affordable insurance in Nashville is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
How to quote cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance in Nashville
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Lexus RX 350 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Nashville. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Nashville, Tennessee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)