It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Tennessee can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount Honda CR-Z insurance in Nashville is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Tennessee. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more information to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies offering Honda CR-Z insurance in Tennessee
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Honda CR-Z Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Get hitched and pay less – Being married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
An active claims history can cost more – Car insurance companies in Tennessee award most affordable rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident.
Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect rating for your CR-Z may be costing you higher rates.
Increase deductibles to save – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Honda CR-Z insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many types of discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Nashville
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Nashville auto insurance on their website.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap CR-Z insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for type of vehicle, multi-car, ease of repair, accident-free, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include alternative fuel, early shopping, mature driver, business and professional, bundle discounts, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
When getting free Nashville auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Nashville. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Nashville car insurance agents
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Nashville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Nashville can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Nashville that can possibly get you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Nashville exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Nashville will have answers to these questions.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Nashville?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. But remember, it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy any time you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for a certain time period.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
You can find cheap coverage
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When searching for affordable Nashville auto insurance quotes, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)