Astonishing but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. The average driver in Nashville can cut their rates by 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they changed companies.
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Cadillac XLR insurance in Nashville is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Tennessee. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for ideas to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper XLR coverage is available in Nashville. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Nashville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Consumers just need to understand the quickest method to compare prices online from multiple companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Nashville, TN. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need insurance for your Cadillac vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Tennessee is overpaying over $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Nashville car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get lower premium rates.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, student away at school, driver training, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for multi-car, pay in full, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, DriveSense, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include ease of repair, anti-theft, multi-car, annual mileage, and good driver.
If you need the cheapest Cadillac XLR rate quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. To see insurers with discount car insurance rates in Nashville, follow this link.
Can’t I compare prices from local Nashville insurance agents?
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Nashville that can provide free Nashville auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Nashville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jordan Drake – State Farm Insurance Agent
345 Harrison St – Nashville, TN 37219 – (615) 826-1200 – View Map
- Mark Le Clair – State Farm Insurance Agent
5548 Franklin Pike #201 – Nashville, TN 37220 – (615) 292-9233 – View Map
- Charles Sargent – State Farm Insurance Agent
4094 Hillsboro Pike #202 – Nashville, TN 37215 – (615) 385-1700 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Nashville independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Tri-City Insurance Agency
4400 Nolensville Pike – Nashville, TN 37211 – (615) 331-0770 – View Map
- Eric Jans Insurance Agency
1805 Ordway Pl – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 478-7146 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: April Bowers Agency Inc
211 Donelson Pike #8 – Nashville, TN 37214 – (615) 883-8183 – View Map
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Low-cost Cadillac XLR insurance in Nashville can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Nashville, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Cadillac XLR insurance in Nashville. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Nashville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the least-expected company.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Auto Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nashville Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)