A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Tennessee being $1,376, drivers could save approximately 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Nashville.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper car insurance and still get good coverage. The purpose of this article is to help you learn the best ways to compare prices. Shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to compare insurance rates instantly.
How to lower your Buick Rendezvous insurance cost in Nashville, Tennessee
Most major insurance companies provide price estimates on their websites. Getting online rates for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Nashville is very simple because you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get rates for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Nashville makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Nashville, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current Rendezvous insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Nashville car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good student, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, accident-free, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, 55 and older, homeowners, theft prevention, early bird, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in Nashville. To find providers that offer multiple discounts in Nashville, follow this link.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Buick Rendezvous and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Tennessee overpays more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to save money.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Nashville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Two types of Nashville auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local Nashville insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Nashville are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Nashville independent agencies that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Mills Insurance
4525 Harding Pike Ste 244 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 620-4452 – View Map
- Sturdivant Insurance
1400 Forrest Ave – Nashville, TN 37206 – (615) 943-4962 – View Map
- Hale Insurance, LLC
301 29th Ave N – Nashville, TN 37203 – (615) 321-4150 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Nashville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Royce Williams
5517 Charlotte Pike – Nashville, TN 37209 – (615) 356-4800 – View Map
- LaShawnda Bryant – State Farm Insurance Agent
7648 Hwy 70 S #10 – Nashville, TN 37221 – (615) 662-9989 – View Map
- Heather Farmer State Farm Insurance
6592 TN-100 Suite 2 – Nashville, TN 37205 – (615) 356-6503 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Tennessee?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How are claims handled?