We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Nashville is your goal, understanding how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Nashville.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives the details to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying auto insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Driving citations drive up costs – Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. People who have multiple violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Limits of liability – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Car insurance companies in Tennessee award better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Combine policies with the same company – Lots of companies will give lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save money by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Teenagers vs. older drivers – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher.
Audi A7 insurance claim data – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help determine the rate you pay. Models that have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Audi A7 insurance car insurance rates in Nashville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable Audi A7 insurance in Nashville can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Nashville, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)