The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Nashville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Tennessee drivers could save up to 35% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Nashville, TN. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your NSX, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on NSX insurance in Nashville.
- Nashville Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, military active duty, federal employee, multi-policy, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, new move discount, newly married, new graduate, multi-policy, and good student.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Nashville.
Local Nashville insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Nashville who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Two types of Nashville car insurance agents
When researching a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Nashville willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, you should always contact several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agents in Nashville that are able to give rate quotes.
If you get good feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Acura NSX?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Persistent drivers can save
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Low-cost Acura NSX insurance in Nashville can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)