It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Cruze insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Nashville. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a low credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Cruze coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s shocking but a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in America could save roughly $860 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps you find the best price.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cruze insurance, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Chevy Cruze Insurance Premiums?
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates. Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Tennessee DMV.
- Job and insurance rates – Jobs such as military personnel, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Extra coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can add up on your Cruze policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If the Chevy Cruze has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Some companies give discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
Chevy Cruze claim statistics – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Earn discounts on Nashville auto insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy early. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view auto insurance companies who offer free Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Tennessee, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Nashville that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company should depend on more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does their agency support local causes in Nashville?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How long has the business existed?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Nashville?
If you get positive responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an provider that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Quote often and quote early
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance premium rates in Nashville. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Nashville auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
The cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Nashville is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Nashville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Nashville? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)