It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies in Nashville.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare other prices are highly likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved $850 each year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Nashville is quite simple as you just enter your required coverages on the page. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and generates a price. Using the web to get price quotes for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Nashville makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost insurance pricing.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Tennessee. If you want cheap auto insurance in Tennessee, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Nashville, insurance is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Accord Hybrid has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Honda at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, distant student, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, good student, and new move discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
Check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. To find providers with discount rates in Nashville, click this link.
Best car insurance in Tennessee
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Tennessee. The company information shown next may help you analyze which providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+