The easiest way to get budget car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Nashville.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $865 a year compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If saving money on insurance in Nashville is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Nashville is really quite easy. But Tennessee consumers must learn how insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate the best price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Tennessee. To get cheap car insurance in TN, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Nashville
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Nashville auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, driver training, and youthful driver.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-car.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, good driver, good student, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
Double check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available everywhere. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Tennessee
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW X5 eDrive in Nashville, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your BMW, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance company in Tennessee
Picking a good quality company is difficult considering how many companies there are in Tennessee. The company ratings shown next can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Nashville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Get rate quotes but still have a local Nashville insurance agency
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agents is important especially in Nashville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Nashville that can provide free Nashville auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a good Nashville insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Nashville are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Nashville that can possibly get you price quote information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Nashville exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Nashville?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Upon receiving good responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that will adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you’re stuck with your new company with no way to switch.